We are seeking an energetic Senior Experience Designer to join the Yale ITS, User Experience & Digital Strategy team. You need to be a UX guru who is able to look at the big picture (from a UX, technology, and business perspective) to create compelling user experiences for our campus community.
You should have experience designing interfaces, communicating UX plans to developers and to non-technical audiences using various communication methods, including personas, reports, prototypes, sitemaps, wireframes, functional specs, and design specs. You should also have experience conducting user research and writing compelling reports advocating user needs based on this research.
You should possess strong strategic, creative and planning skills that enable you to effectively communicate, facilitate and drive solutions. You should be an innovative thinker, knowledgeable about UX methodologies and their application, and passionate about evidence-based design.
- Leads and manages product development to support web strategy to generate best-in-class online tools for external and internal audiences on websites.
- Defines the custom application product strategy and roadmaps with a view for the global system.
- Prioritizes, scopes, plans, and implements new enhancements and tools with a heavy focus on ease of usability.
- Writes functional specifications.
- Manages vendors in programming, information architecture, writing, and graphic design to create products that are useful and consistently designed.
- Conducts extensive quality review of products.
- Runs beta and pilots programs with early-stage products.
- Manages integrations with websites across the university.
- Ensures custom applications meet the needs of all clients and supports the overall web strategy and goals.
- Facilitates and supports improved business process change; provides usability, online technology, and general web guidance to the broader Yale communities in large-scale or centralized projects requiring use of systems managed by this position.
- Continually researches, explores, and assesses new web opportunities, features, and technologies for Web applications while providing and overseeing maintenance to existing Web applications.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing, performing and analyzing a broad array of user research. Has experience crafting research studies to answer a specific user experience question.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. A strong team player who can communicate with people across many disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience creating compelling interface designs for multiple devices. Broad knowledge of contemporary content management systems with a deep expertise in one system (Drupal, WordPress, or similar). No coding skills are needed.
- In-depth understanding and experience of user objectives, user scenarios, interaction/flow diagrams, design systems, usability principles, and accessibility.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the user-centered design processes. Able to provide leadership in developing/using effective design and workflow processes.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field of study with a minimum of 8 years related experience or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- Pay Type