We're looking for someone who’s willing to take the road less traveled, and not afraid of new frontiers. A Visual Designer is able to solution a problem in a manner that resonates with both an internal audience as well as end users. On any given day, the spectrum of UX work is vast with endless opportunity. It's a chance to leverage your interaction design and prototyping skills by building out ideas and solutions using leading edge tools and technology.
At Vertafore Design plays a critical role in every touch point of the customer experience from product to services to systems alike. Experience Design has become a foundational pillar to how we think about delivering exceptional business value with deep customer impact. If you’re a game changer, or innovator with the design chops to match, let’s chat!
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will collaboratively as a key part of our Design team to identify specific customer needs and engage in ideating and evaluating initial concepts. The ideal candidate will not only have a solid understanding of visual design, but will be an advocate, both for aesthetic, brand and product interactions towards improved user experience across our product portfolio.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will have at least 5+ years of experience working within an agency or consulting environment, designing complex web applications.
- Create outstanding visual design for all projects that meets design, technical and business requirements.
- Weave typography, color systems, iconography and layout into a delightful product experience.
- Ability to use visual design to organize information and guide people through complex workflows and interactions.
- Communicate a user interface that is visually consistent, easy to understand and easy to learn.
- Develop a consistent brand experience across the Vertafore product portfolio
- Contribute as a collaborative team member with designers, project management, and development to create impactful design that supports business, brand, and customer.
- Develop and extend our style guide across a suite of integrated products as needed.
Champion of user experience and ability to understand user interface design principles as they relate to desktop applications and mobile.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Visual communications, product, HCI or equivalent training/experience.
- Candidates should have a minimum 5+ years of professional experience designing/implementing interactive, data-rich, Internet applications with strong information visualization skills, prototyping skills, and usability knowledge.
- Expert in industry leading software such as, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch.
- Have expertise in designing engaging experiences with a portfolio that matches. Examples of designing for multiple channels and devices/resolutions preferred.
- Consistent attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to lead by communicating ideas both visually and verbally.
- Have demonstrated an ability to innovate and problem solve within a fast paced environment
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience from product managers, to software engineers/developers and constructively integrate feedback.
- Mastery of design for constraints both technical as well as business across platforms and devices.
WHY VERTAFORE: Be part of the transformation, unleash your potential and make an impact!
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment. Visit http://www.vertafore.com/careers today!