If you are looking for a challenging position creating innovative new decision support applications for business-critical and mission-critical situations then join our small, fast-paced RCS team!
POSITION AVAILABLE: Now
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1-3
LEADER: William Elm
SALARY RANGE: Competitive and commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
CITIZENSHIP: U.S. Citizenship Required by Government Contract
We seek a revolutionary problem solver. You have keen observation skills, can understand the technical and social environment, and create revolutionary tools to simplify decision making in mission-critical and business- critical situations. You will be a member of an elite team of passionate people who can see beyond the obvious to create and build revolutionary solutions for clients. Learn more about RCS, our people, culture, and leadership below.
A Cognitive Systems Engineer (CSE) creates revolutionary information systems that directly support decision making. Our projects are executed by a team of CSEs who create both the concept and detailed designs for information systems. CSEs first analyze the work domain through cognitive work analysis to reveal functional insights, which then serve as the cornerstone for the project. By focusing on the design of human-machine systems, CSEs ensure that the systems work with decision makers. CSEs also work close with our talented group of software developers, providing specifications of information, visualization, and functionality requirements as guidance for their system development efforts. A career with RCS means you’ll make a difference in the world by helping enterprises overcome decision-making complexity.
- Support cognitive work analysis efforts to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design
- Support design of innovative and useful UI designs for these complex domains, including creation of storyboards and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Support iterative evaluations of system prototypes and operational evaluations of fielded decision support systems
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of senior and principal cognitive systems engineers
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, related field or equivalent experience;
MS or PhD is a plus.
- Some training in analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems, information visualizations, and graphical user interfaces
- Some knowledge /training in cognitive engineering and human-computer interaction, and knowledge of state-of-the-art research in these areas
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written)
- Excellent analytic, problem definition, and problem solving skills, including:
- Ability to analyze a problem domain and to distill core decision-making processes and challenges; often from rich, semi-articulated problem domains
- Ability to identify and adapt applicable technologies found in academic and industrial research
- Ability to create/invent innovative human-machine interface approaches and to translate them into successful decision-support solutions
SUBMIT RESUME TO: careers [at] resilientcognitivesolutions.com ()
ABOUT: RCS is focused on helping executives and analysts make smarter, faster decisions within high-stakes, fast-paced environments. We do this by combining two forms of intelligence that don’t easily mesh: Human Intelligence and Computer Intelligence. We work with best-in-class organizations from around the world and across multiple industries including defense, finance, healthcare, and energy.
RCS is located in Pittsburgh, PA, near major universities (Carnegie Mellon and The University of Pittsburgh) and minutes away from a thriving city center. We have easy access to some of the best entertainment and sports venues in the country and Pittsburgh is ranked as one of the most livable and affordable cities. Once a thriving steel town, Pittsburgh is now known as an incubator of technology and medical innovation.
PEOPLE: Our people are passionate about changing the world! They know that their innovative solutions can save a person’s life, increase security, protect property, and better our communities. They help our clients improve their work-life by enabling them to make better, faster decisions.
CULTURE: We offer a culture that produces experts in an atmosphere where fun and hard work go hand-in-hand! We provide the fertile ground and freedom for personal and professional growth. We also believe in harnessing the power of group innovation and perspective. We encourage collaboration to help expand ideas and learning.
LEADERSHIP: RCS is a veteran-owned consultancy under the senior leadership of William Elm, a CSE Fellow and pioneer in the field. Our leadership team encourages excellence through clear expectations while providing the freedom for innovation. We challenge the status quo and develop our people and trade with passion. This is why we all are leaders that can and do IMPROVE THE WORLD!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RCS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type