At Skeema, we believe making sense of the internet shouldn’t be so hard.
We spend ~1,000,000,000 hours every year finding information from trusted sources, pulling out information we find useful, and stitching our findings together. Then once we finish, we lose all the value of our hard work by throwing it away, forcing each of us to start from scratch every time. Skeema is building the future of online decision making that makes it less stressful and faster to make great decisions, while enabling everyone to build on each others’ work leading to an internet that gets better every time it’s used.
Skeema was created as part of Carnegie Mellon University’s Center for Knowledge Acceleration, and is built on a foundation of 12 years of fundamental research including 16 best papers and is now transitioning to a startup to support rapid growth. This position will begin with salaried employment through the University and potential for founder’s equity upon spin-out.
Skeema has been featured by Inc., Fast Company, and NPR and has generated a waitlist of over 2500 excited users just two weeks after being announced. Join us in building the evolution of the internet.
We are seeking a versatile UI/UX designer who thrives in a lean, agile environment to create the design of elegant solutions to complex information consumption problems. You’ll work collaboratively on a team with engineers, product managers, and researchers to craft intuitive, desirable applications that improve human learning and decision-making at scale.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Execute design research, ideation and creation of digital interfaces across multiple platforms and devices
- Create a rapid and continuous pipeline of user feedback sessions to analyze and find actionable insights from their data
- Create and iterate on user journeys and personas for different user segments
- Optimize interaction design to support key user processes and flows
- Ensure successful delivery of multiple projects by managing design deliverables and timelines
- Inspire all members of the creative team by fostering a culture of constant learning and professional growth
- Execute design at all levels, from systems/flow design, to UX design, to visual design
You should demonstrate:
- You have a tab hoarding problem and want to do something about it
- You are someone who doesn’t settle for second best when making decisions
- You wish there was a better way to complete digital tasks and decision making
- You obsess over solving complex and wicked interaction problems in simple and intuitive ways
- You feed off of user feedback to inform iterations on creative designs
- You design visuals that are creative but also grounded in the context of existing software behaviors and patterns
- You have a deep understanding of Interaction Design via a Bachelor’s degree and professional experience
- Driven to innovate and lead creative workflows and processes for the team
- 3 years of proven UI/UX design experience on complex information consumption products
- You have a digital portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design practices and a strong visual design aesthetic.
- Successful background check
Web Design and Graphic Services
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time