HCI Undergraduate: 05-452
HCI Graduate: 05-652
In this course, we will collectively define and study services and product service systems, and learn the basics of designing them. We will do this through lectures, studio projects, and verbal and written exposition. Classwork will be done individually and in teams.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify a service, a product service system, and a platform, and talk about the components of each.
- Design and represent a service and a product service system, through the use of models typically used in service design.
- Explain and demonstrate how a service unfolds through design and communication.
- Engage in a critique of their own and others’ work.
- Draw actionable insights from a critique of their own and others' work.
Semester Offered and Units
Undergraduate: 12 units
Graduate: 12 units